Saturday, March 11, 2017

An Artist is Born!

Every picture my granddaughter Tally makes me is a masterpiece and the artist loves to see her work displayed. But she is a very prolific artist and my refrigerator is not big enough to display them all. Then I got an idea—a rotating gallery, but not on my refrigerator.
I had a square plastic frame from a print that used to hang in my bathroom at one time. I wasn’t going to use it anymore, but didn’t want to get rid of it.  Then I noticed the latest picture Tally had made for me waiting on my desk. It would either go on the frig or in a file I keep. But what good is having such great art if I didn’t display it? An idea was born!

When you walk in my house, this is now what greets you.


The next time she draws a picture, I intend to ask her if it should take the place of the one in the frame. If no, it goes in the file; if yes, it goes in the frame and the one in there goes in the file.

For all you Moms and Dads, this is a great way to provide an opportunity to boost your child’s self-esteem and have some great artwork for your walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment