Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Scrapbooking with Grandkids: Part 1



Recently, my 4 years old granddaughter Tally asked if she could scrapbook with me. Well, of course, I said yes, and we put together a small scrapbook with spare pictures of her, her parents, the rest of the family and the pets. She especially loved searching through my huge stash of sticker and using my stamps and punches. I thought that would be her last interest in scrapbooking. But, I was wrong. She spoke about and showed her little scrapbook to everyone she saw and immediately asked me the next time she came over, “Can we scrapbook again?”

Displaying IMG_1063.JPGI was ready for her, since her Mom had given me a heads up. I had already found a larger scrapbook for her that she could use and prepared her own little desk area in my office so we can work side by side. She has her own supplies, stickers and punches (her favorite!).

Part I:

USING STICKERS TO LEARN THE ALPHABET

Scrapbooking with a child can be more than just a fun activity. Today, Tally and I were playing with alphabet stickers, and I decided I could use them to enhance what she learns in school.

1. I had her locate the letter on the sticker page..

2. I picked up a sticker and asked her what the letter or number was.

3. As we put sticker letters down, I started to have us spell out basic words.

4. She loved spelling out her name, along with other people in the family.


Displaying IMG_1068.JPG


More to follow on scrapbooking with children……

No comments:

Post a Comment